If you suffer from eczema and you’re wondering if a humidifier can help in any way, the answer is yes, and this article is about my experience and a review of the best humidifier for eczema.
If anyone had told me a few months ago that a humidifier can be used to treat or manage eczema effectively…, well, I probably wouldn’t have bought it.
This is because I wrongly thought this chronic skin condition can’t be managed effectively.
Also, I’m not unaware that a humidifier can be used to do many useful things. For example, it can be used to prevent dry skin, chapped lips, or fight against cold and flu. I even had a MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier in my house.
To cut a long story short, I ran into a friend of mine called at a gym a few weeks ago. He has been suffering from eczema for so long a time. Suddenly, I saw Eric took off his shirt…
Boom! Pure magic!
There was hardly a trace of eczema on his skin. I stared in astonishment as I saw his once eczema ravaged skin shone brightly like gold. Then I asked him how he alleviated the condition, he simply told me his boss recommended he used a humidifier.
When I got home that day, I quickly opened my laptop and researched using a humidifier to treat eczema. To my surprise, the results confirmed Eric’s claim that a humidifier can be used to treat eczema effectively.
So if you’re reading this article, which you’re already doing now…
My guess is you’re probably asking yourself “if it helps, what’ the best humidifier for eczema?”
However, if you keep reading this article, you will get an answer to your question. This article will show you the best humidifiers to buy for the treatment of eczema.
Before I recommend the best humidifier for eczema, let’s briefly see what I learnt while researching eczema and how humidifiers can help.
What is Eczema?
Eczema also known as Atopic Dermatitis is a medical condition that makes patches of the skin to become inflamed, scratchy, dry, and red.
Nobody can pinpoint the actual cause of eczema. Although, some medical experts believe it can be triggered by the body’s immune system response to an irritant. And it’s mostly found in families with a history of allergies. Also, some people react to certain creams and detergents. This reaction may equally cause eczema.
- Appearance of itchy patches on any part of the skin, but usually common on the face.
- Affected parts are usually dry and scaly.
- Appearance of rashes on affected parts, face, hands, and feet
- Appearance in dark-skinned people may be lighter or darker, while in fair-skinned people, it’s usually reddish before it turns brown.
Types of eczema
Since eczema can come in different forms, people suffer from different types of eczema. Here are the common types of eczema:
- Contact Dermatitis
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Stasis Dermatitis
- Nummular Eczema
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Dyshidrotic Eczema
Prevention of Eczema
Eczema can be prevented or alleviated through the following ways:
- You should use a humidifier in your room particularly when sleeping
- Moisturize regularly
- Try to avoid using detergents, soaps, and creams that can cause reactions in your skin
- You should avoid eating foods that may trigger allergies or any other outbreak.
- Avoid sweating profusely and also overheating.
Why a Humidifier is Used For The Treatment of Eczema
Dry air can aggravate eczema and make sufferers crave for soothing relief.
If you experience serious eczema, then try to keep your body moisturized to avoid flare-up and also alleviate the condition.
A Humidifier plays a major role in improving the moisture in the air. The moisture prevents dry skin and helps to keep the skin soft and smooth. It also protects your skin from conditions, like eczema, dry skin, etc.
Since there is no permanent treatment for eczema, it’s left for you to look for ways to alleviate the condition if you’re afflicted with it.
One effective way to alleviate this condition is to buy an ideal humidifier for eczema.
5 Best Humidifier For Eczema In 2020
After carrying out extensive research, I was able to come up with 5 types of humidifiers well-suited for people with eczema:
#1. Geniani Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with Timer
The Geniani Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier has a 2L water tank and 360-nozzle that regulate the direction of air streams. This humidifier can create a humidified air that helps keep your skin smooth and shiny.
- Touch control
- 24/7 customer support
- Automatic shutdown
- Ultrasonic whisper quiet technology for non-distracting sleep and work
- It’s fast and easy to use
- it has a relaxing night light, hence it can help a baby fall asleep easily.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty(purchase is risk-free)
- it’s easy to clean and maintain.
- Helps to alleviate eczema
- Since it has no filter, it always requires the use of distilled water.
- Some people still find quite noisy when compared to other humidifiers.
The Fochea Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier comes with a 3.5L tank capacity that can emit water vapor into the air for a full night. it’s perfect for modern homes and offices and doesn’t produce excess noise. Moreover, it has 3 holes instead of a nozzle. it is suitable for the relief of eczema and other skin diseases.
- Super Quiet Operation
- Waterless Auto Shut-Off
- Adjustable Mist Output
- Ultrasonic Technology
- Safety Function
- The tank is easy to clean because of the large opening
- It’s noiseless when in operation.
- It has a premium design
- The moisturizing output is good
- It has a long working time of 13hrs-14hrs
- It helps to prevent skin conditions like eczema, dry skin, etc.
- It’s quite expensive
- Because of the angle, the mist is expelled, it, therefore, falls downwards, hence it get the floor wet.
#3. Guardian Technologies PureGuardian
This humidifier features a 0.5-gallon tank capacity and a work time of about 30 hours. What distinguishes this humidifier apart from other humidifiers is its Silver Clean Protection Feature. This feature helps to prevent the growth of mold particularly on the surface of the tank.
- Space-Saving Design
- Directional Mist Nozzle
- 3 Speed Settings
- Optional Night Light
- Refill Indicator Light
- Automatic Shut Off When Empty
- Ultrasonic Technology with Cool Mist
- The silver clean protection system can inhibit the growth of molds and mildew
- It’s cheap to buy
- It’s silent when in operation
- It can help relieve eczema, cold and flu
- it’s easy to use
- You can position the mist nozzle to any direction
- It may be too small to satisfy some people needs
#4. Pure Enrichment MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier has a 1.5L capacity tank and can last for up to 24hours. It can effectively humidify a large area of space, hence it’s ideal for living room and bedroom. It can also help relieve congestion and dry skin conditions.
- Whisper-Quiet Operation
- Auto Safety Shut-Off and Night Light
- It boasts of a 360-degree nozzle that evenly distribute mist throughout the room
- AC Adapter
- Disk Cleaning Brush
- Humidifier base
- It has a longer run time than most humidifiers
- It has a good room coverage
- The power light can automatically turn off. Hence it won’t disturb your sleep.
- It’s neither too small nor too big; it’s very portable.
- It can effectively relieve people of their dry skin conditions
- Some people said they find it quite difficult to clean
#5. BONECO 7142 Humidifier
This humidifier can cover about 860 square feet. It can disperse 3.5 gallons of mist in 24 hours. Because of this, it’s suitable for large rooms. Further, it’s great for any time of the year because it gives you the option of both warm mists, and cold mists.
- Programmable Hygrostat
- whisper-quiet operation
- Large tank
- It’s noiseless in operation
- The hygrostat can be programmed
- It has a double jet nozzle that helps maximum dispersion of mist
- It’s a germ-free humidifier that can alleviate allergies and eczema conditions
- It’s quite expensive to buy
It’s advisable before you buy a humidifier that can best alleviate your eczema, you should consider the following 6 tips:
- You should buy a humidifier with maximum moisture output
- Buy those comes with a good warranty
- Buy the one with a larger reservoir
- Buy the one with a rotatable nozzle
- Buy the one that comes with safety features.
- Buy the one that usually emits little or no noise
Finally, The above humidifiers reviewed are not just the best humidifier for eczema, you can equally use a humidifier to treat cough, asthma, allergies, a cold, congestion and, so many others.